Someone is Hurting Me
He says he loves me. He says he needs me and wants me. But, instead, he hurts me. Instead of respecting me and making me feel safe, he:
- Takes out his frustrations by smacking me around.
- Hits me in front of our children.
- Forces me to have sex with him.
- Tells me he’ll leave me unless I do what he wants.
- Verbally abuses me by calling me names and telling me I’m nothing without him.
- Brags about his control over me to his friends.
I fall asleep crying and wake up to more pain. Every day, I loose a little more self-respect. How do I make this stop? How do I walk away? Where can I find safety? How do I protect my children? Does anyone out there care enough to help me? Yes! Call Word of Hope now:
- Toll Free Hotline 1-888-217-8679
- Illinois Hotline 1-630-990-0909
When you call these national resources, you will be given confidential assistance.
- The National Domestic Violence hotline 1-800-799-SAFE (1-800-799-7233)
- The Department of Child & Family Services hotline 1-800-252-2873
Looking for Help?